The Initiative policy is too lenient
I read Mrs. Boyd’s remarks in last week’s edition and I take issue with her comment, “the people who signed the petition are clear about what it says…” I signed the petition and I was not informed that by signing I was agreeing to a $200,000 Special Election and I was not told that the City Council had established a compromise policy that allows the residents to rent the Fletcher Cove Community Center. Had I known the city policy was in place I would not have signed the petition. The Initiative policy is too lenient. I am not in favor of allowing private rentals of the Community Center on two days of every weekend for 100 guests. That level of use will impact everyone that drives to the Fletcher Cove area on weekends. Where will people park during the summer? I will be voting “No” on the Initiative.
- Give the City’s Fletcher Cove Community Center policy a chance
- The price tag for the special election is on the sponsors of the Party Policy Initiative
- Solana Beach City Council’s proposed Community Center policy a fair compromise
- Urge City Council to adopt Fletcher Cove Community Center Initiative
- Sponsors of Fletcher Cove Initiative responsible for cost of special election
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=60725