Players show their skills at Adapted PE Basketball Tournament in Carmel Valley
Carmel Valley Middle School hosted the eighth annual Adapted PE Basketball Tournament on Nov. 13, allowing APE (Adapted Physical Education) students from all over the San Dieguito Unified School District to show off their basketball skills in a fun game situation.
Students with disabilities were the stars of the day, playing in games with help from regular-education students in the Buddies program at schools such as Earl Warren, Torrey Pines and Carmel Valley Middle. The students played in front of bleachers filled with supporters. Pre-game, the APE students showed off their dance moves by dancing to the song “Thrift Shop,” and afterward they all received medals in an award ceremony.
Photos/Karen Billing and Courtesy photos
- Players show their skills at Adapted PE Basketball Tournament in Carmel Valley
- Players shine at adapted PE basketball tournament
- High School District Adapted PE Tournament
- Adapted PE Softball Tourney a hit with players
- Adapted PE Sports League Softball Tournament a hit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=60778