San Diego Pros team up to help Philippine disaster victims at Carmel Valley event
A group of professional athletes rallied together Nov. 23 at St. Therese Church of Carmel Church to support victims of the Philippines’ devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
Major League Baseball greats Jaime Moyer, Trevor Hoffman and Bob Boone, and former San Diego Charger kicker John Carney, were out to greet people who donated food, clothing, toiletries and monetary gifts to the Red Cross and Catholic Relief Services. St. Therese spearheaded the drive with Rancho Santa Fe resident Karen Moyer, co-founder and vice president of The Moyer Foundation and founder of the Spouses in Sports organization.
The group hoped to fill a 50-foot truck donated by Alexander’s Mobility Services and Atlas Van Lines, with help from the Dingman Group. They received generous donations from community members, San Diego Chargers Coach Mike McCoy and wife Kellie, the San Diego Padres and Road Runner Sports who donated 700 shoes to the cause.
- San Diego Pros team up to help Philippine disaster victims at event in Carmel Valley
- San Diego Pros team up to help Philippine disaster victims at Carmel Valley event Nov. 22-23
- Public invited to Saint Thérèse of Carmel choir spring concert in Carmel Valley
- Carmel Valley chef showcases French delicacy at Williams Sonoma event Feb. 10
- Carmel Valley residents voice opinions on pros and cons of One Paseo project
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=60989