‘Light Up A Life’ benefit for children to be held in Del Mar Dec. 2
The San Diego Center for Children (SDCC) and Il Fornaio Del Mar are partnering to host “Light Up A Life” toy drive and cocktail reception on Dec. 2 from 4-7 p.m. at Il Fornaio Del Mar. Bring a toy or gift card from Wal-Mart or Target for entry to the event.
Workers with SDCC are collecting letters to Santa from local at-risk children who would never have the opportunity to receive a gift they asked for, or a gift at all. The fundraiser then goes to purchasing these gifts the children have requested. Il Fornaio is hosting the toy drive/fundraiser as a complement to a donation and 100 percent of the proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the children served by the San Diego Center for Children.
The event will also feature live music, hors d’oeuvres and wines on the ocean-view outdoor terrace. Il Fornaio Del Mar is located at 1555 Camino Del Mar, Suite 301, Del Mar, 92014. RSVP to Tanya Coffey, Il Fornaio event coordinator: email@example.com or 858-755-9384.
For more information on San Diego’s Center For Children, please visit www.centerforchildren.org.
- Wine, Women & Shoes fashion event to benefit Voices for Children
- Conner’s Cause for Children’s annual benefit gala is Oct. 27
- San Diego Children’s Choir gives youth an opportunity to develop their musical interests
- En Fuego Del Mar’s Miracle Taco benefits Rady Children’s Hospital throughout March 2013; Special benefit event also to be held March 20
- Carmel Valley Unit of Rady Children’s Hospital to present ‘Sounds of Hope for Children’ benefit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=61282