TPHS girls varsity basketball team opens season with a win
The Torrey Pines girls varsity basketball team opened the season this week against San Diego High School. Torrey Pines won the game 64-26. Sophomore Sierra Campisano had 28 points and 10 rebounds in the opening game.
The Torrey Pines girls varsity basketball team has two home games this week. The first home game is on Thursday, Dec. 5, against top-ranked team Mater Dei. Tip off is at 7 p.m. The next home game is Saturday, Dec. 7, against Escondido High School at 7 p.m. Please come and support Torrey Pines girls basketball.
About the team: Head Coach:Denise Bennett. Assistant Coach: Julian Oto. Key Returners:
•6’3 forward Sierra Campisano. The sophomore averaged 18 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 blocks per game last season.
•5’4 junior point guard Madison Lombard-excellent 3-point shooter and ball handler.
•5’7 junior guard Christina Ellis-one of the quickest players in our league.
•5’9 junior Andrea Hsieh-third year returning varsity player.
•6’2 freshman Chiara Spain. Her athleticism and basketball skills will make a difference on both ends of the court.
- TPHS Junior Varsity Water Polo Team sizzles — again!
- JV Falcons basketball captures St. Augustine title
- Carmel Valley’s TPHS wrestling team season ends after late arrival
- Ravens Girls Basketball Camp to be held Aug. 19-23 at Canyon Crest Academy
- Canyon Crest Academy Girls’ Basketball Camp a hit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=61652