Whale migration topic at next Solana Beach Library Friends Night Out event
January is when gray whales are seen off the coast on their way from the Arctic to Baja California. Learn about the longest migration of any mammal in a talk at the Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 6:30 p.m.
Jim Nelson will relate his experiences as a volunteer naturalist on whale watching cruises by the San Diego Natural History Museum and Birch Aquarium at Scripps. He also will describe his excursion to the calving areas in the Baja California lagoons.
The Friends Night Out program is presented at the Solana Beach Library, 157 Stevens Avenue, Solana Beach, CA 9-2075; telephone 858-755-1404. The program is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
- Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out to present informational water event
- Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society to feature gray whale program
- Solana Beach Library to host Friends Night Out event April 5
- Discover endangered bonobos at the Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out with anthropologist Debbie Sandler
- Friends of the Solana Beach Library to present ‘The Chemistry of Romantic Love’ Friends Night Out event Feb. 8
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=62615