Pedestrian killed by passenger train in Del Mar
By City News Service
A passenger train struck and killed a pedestrian Jan. 3 near the northern reaches of Torrey Pines State Beach.
The Amtrak train hit the person off the 100 block of 11th Street in Del Mar shortly before 3:30 p.m., sheriff’s Lt. Clayton Lisk said.
The victim, whose identity was not immediately available, died at the scene.
North County Transit District provided bus service between Solana Beach and Sorrento Valley for rail commuters facing delays due to the fatality. Coaster train service was expected to be running behind schedule into the evening, the agency advised.
- Pedestrian struck by Coaster, killed
- Some train service restored
- Woman killed in Del Mar when hit by freight train
- Solana Beach Train Station ribbon-cutting to be held March 2
- Plans for temporary Del Mar train station seem to be derailed
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=62793