Protective wall should be considered
I was shocked to hear of the death of Lou Terrell at the railroad crossing in Del Mar. It is an extremely dangerous situation with dozens of commuter trains going through a pedestrian crossing at full speed. It may be decades before the track is rerouted away from the beach. I would suggest that friends of former Mayor Terrell consider a protective and decorative low-rise wall from Powerhouse Park to several blocks north along the beach. It would be expensive, but what is another human life worth?
- Solana Beach: New retaining wall at Fletcher Cove Park will also commemorate neighbors
- Council OKs sea wall, plans for La Colonia
- Del Mar to honor former Mayor Lou Terrell
- Solana Beach sea wall fees available to public online
- Former Del Mar Mayor Lou Terrell identified as man struck by train
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=63405