Carmel Valley Father-Daughter Dance poster and t-shirt contest winner named
Torrey Hills Elementary School will hold its fourth annual Father-Daughter Dance on Sunday, March 16. As a way to help kick off the excitement for the dance, the Dads’ Club hosts a contest for one of its young student artists to design the artwork for the event’s posters and t-shirt. Fifth-grader Piper Kenney created this year’s winning design, selected out of 20 worthy submissions.
Last year the event attracted 168 attendees, the dance’s largest crowd.
“It’s building up steam; it gets bigger and bigger each year,” said event chair Paul Matsumoto.
The dance will again be held at the Del Mar Marriott, from 4-8 p.m., starting the evening with a “cocktail” hour around the pool. Dinner will follow as well as a raffle with fun prizes, a hula hoop contest, a slide show with photos of the girls, and then dancing with dad to music provided by the popular Rob the DJ.
For more information, visit the Torrey Hills School page on dmusd.org/torrey.
— Karen Billing
- Torrey Hills School to hold popular annual father-daughter dance March 17
- Carmel Del Mar father-daughter dance looking for previous CDM grads and dads
- Torrey Hills Father-Daughter Dance Returns
- Torrey Hills Father-Daughter Dance
- Carmel Del Mar Father-Daughter Dance returns
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=63486