‘Athletes Saving Athletes’ fundraising luncheon
A special fundraising luncheon was held Jan. 31 at the Fairbanks Ranch Country Club to support Advocates for Injured Athletes’ signature program “Athletes Saving Athletes (ASA).” Carmel Valley resident Beth Mallon, co-founder of Advocates for Injured Athletes, made a presentation at the luncheon.
The goal of ASA is to reduce the risk and incidence of injury and death for student athletes using the power of education and kids talking to kids. The fundraising goal of the Jan. 31 luncheon was to raise $2,500 to fund the ASA program in five schools. ASA will hold a fundraising walk/jogathon on March 2 at Cathedral Catholic High School.
All are welcome. Register at injuredathletes.org.
- Athletes Saving Athletes program shares life-saving information at TPHS
- Carmel Valley student helps man in distress thanks to lifesaving techniques he learned through Athletes Saving Athletes
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation fundraising deadline is April 30
- Advocates for Injured Athletes group gathers at Sbicca
- Del Mar school district fundraising goal met
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=64526