Solana Beach CERT members to discuss how to prepare for disaster at Solana Beach Library event
Are you or your neighborhood prepared if a disaster occurs? Do you know what the risks are? Join Solana Beach CERT (Community Emergency Response Team Members) residents Vickie Driver and Linette Page on Tuesday, March 11, at 6:30 p.m. in the Solana Beach Library when they show attendees how to prepare in the event of a local disaster.
They will also share basic information on how to distinguish if your fire extinguisher is expired and how to use it; how to prevent a fire in your home; and how to prepare a home disaster kit.
CERT team members train and attend a 24-hour program with the Solana Beach Fire Department’s EMTs and are certified through the Solana Beach Fire Department.
Because the Fire Department may be overwhelmed with the extent of damage in the event of a natural disaster, there will be a need for all residents to engage in helping themselves during a fire, earthquake, terrorism or a flu pandemic.
- CERT training classes offered in Del Mar and Solana Beach
- Del Mar and Solana Beach residents and employees eligible for free disaster training
- Volunteers needed for 2013 spring CERT training
- CERT program prepares Solana Beach, Del Mar residents for emergencies
- Disaster preparation program continuing in Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=65942