Fire damages building near Del Mar
On Tuesday, March 4, at 9:39 a.m., firefighters from the cities of Del Mar, San Diego, and Solana Beach and the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District responded to the report of a structure fire in the 3000 block of Via De La Valle in Del Mar. Upon arrival they discovered that a fire in a back hallway of Sublime Tavern had been extinguished by one sprinkler head.
“Fortunately, the fire protection system worked as it was designed to,” said RSFFPD Battalion Chief Chris Galindo. “The single sprinkler head provided the occupants with time to safely evacuate the building and kept the fire from spreading and causing further damage.
Three suites in the commercial building were affected and the total estimated damaged is $50,000. The cause is under investigation but appears to be accidental in nature.
- Fire damages Del Mar restaurant
- Fire damages six Del Mar condos
- Fire damages structure at Evergreen Nursery in Carmel Valley
- Fire breaks out in Carlsbad industrial building
- Del Mar approves changes to shared fire services agreement with Solana Beach, Encinitas
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=66186