First-class speed on display at Carmel Valley Middle School’s Bobcat 500
Teachers and students on tricycles zipped around the Carmel Valley Middle School campus with blazing speed during the annual Bobcat 500 on March 18. The race, part of the school’s Spirit Week, served as exciting entertainment for the lunchtime crowd.
Of the 16 teams in contention, the winning team was made up of strong and fast eighth graders Cleo Baker and Elijah Barbour with speedster teachers Holly Vermilyea and Jackie Busch. Vermilyea is an art teacher at the school and the ASB advisor; Busch is a campus supervisor.
The race was just one fun feature of Spirit Week, which included games like Don’t Forget the Lyrics and The Amazing Race at lunch, the chance to soak teachers in a dunk tank and dressing up in pajamas or athletic jerseys for theme days. The week concluded with a Carnival Day on Friday, with Hot Dog on a Stick and Kona Shaved Ice trucks on campus.
- Carnival at Carmel Valley Middle School
- Carmel Valley Middle School in a class of its own
- Carmel Valley Middle School promotes healthy lifestyle during Red Ribbon Week
- Splash precludes school’s summer break
- Summer’s last hurrah for Del Mar Union School District campers
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=67152