Surfside Race Place hosts Handicapper of the Year event April 5
Surfside Race Place, one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious off-track betting facilities, is also home base to the 2014 Handicapper of the year! José Arias, a frequent patron at Surfside, took hold of the lead from the first day of the three-day contest held in Las Vegas, Nevada the weekend of Jan. 24 – 26. Arias topped a field of 500 to win the $750,000 first-place prize and an Eclipse Award as Handicapper of the Year, at the 15th annual Daily Racing Form (DRF)/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC).
José will be “in the house” on Saturday, April 5, for a special honorary event.
Santa Anita day at Surfside Race Place will also feature the $1 Million Santa Anita Derby, the last major California stakes for 3-year-olds heading to the Kentucky Derby, which takes place Saturday, May 3.
For more information, visit www.surfsideraceplace.com or call 858-755-1167.
- Surfside struggles: String of events could doom Race Place
- The Canfield House will celebrate Del Mar’s history at April 28 event
- Bill helps Del Mar’s Surfside Race Place take more wagers on out-of-state racing
- Bill passes, helps Del Mar’s Surfside Race Place take more wagers on out-of-state racing
- Del Mar council considers proposal for bingo at Surfside Race Place
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=67410