Shell Station on Del Mar Heights Road to add car wash, convenience store
By Karen Billing
The Carmel Valley Community Planning Board March 27 approved a remodel of the Shell Station at Del Mar Heights Road and Interstate-5 to include an automatic car wash and a convenience store stop.
Owner Steve Thomas plans to change the configuration of his existing 1,800-square-foot building by taking out the three service bays and adding 720 square feet for the convenience store and the 900-square-foot car wash to the back.
Thomas said the three service bays have become a bit of a “dinosaur” as business has changed and there isn’t as much need for them.
“I think this plan will spruce up the station that was built in 1972,” Thomas said.
Thomas believes the convenience store and car wash will be an improvement and a benefit to the community.
- 7-Eleven store in Del Mar Heights area robbed
- Carmel Valley car wash robbed
- Solana Beach convenience store robbed at gunpoint
- Customers, employees evacuated from Del Mar Heights grocery store
- Rancho Santa Fe firefighters ready for Station 3 rebuild
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=67650