Surfer dies near Del Mar
By City News Service
A 36-year-old Cardiff man died April 5 after falling from his surfboard off the coast of Del Mar, authorities said.
A fellow surfer pulled the the man — whose name was withheld pending notification of kin — from the ocean and brought him to shore near the 100 block of 20th Street, according to the county Medical Examiner’s Office.
An off-duty emergency room doctor and lifeguards attempted to revive the surfer, but he was declared dead at the scene, officials with the Medical Examiner’s Office said.
- Woman dies from injuries suffered in bicycle accident
- Man dies in fall from Black’s Beach cliff
- Del Mar boogie boarder suffers cardiac-related death
- Man found dead on beach at Swami’s identified
- Woman killed in a hit-and-run crash in Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=67844