Carmel Valley athlete earns a spot on the 2014 U.S. National Synchronized Swimming Squad
After an extensive country-wide selection trials in Pleasant Hills, Calif., Alexandra Suarez of the San Diego SeaStars Synchronized Swimming Team has earned a position on the 13-15 Age Group National Squad. Only 20 girls were selected to join the squad. These 20 chosen athletes will enter one more phase of tryouts in May where 12 girls from the squad will be selected to form the National Team. The National Team will then represent the United States at the Comen Cup on Sept. 7-14 in Europe and at the UANA Championships, Aug. 12-17, in Riverside, Calif.
Alexandra, 14, and a resident of Carmel Valley, has been swimming since the age of 10. Alexandra is currently in the 8th grade and has loved being a synchronized swimmer. “I’m so happy to have made the U.S. National Squad! I’m looking forward to the team selection in May.”
Synchronized swimming requires a unique combination of strength, agility, endurance, flexibility and speed. The San Diego SeaStars have a history of success, having trained a number of athletes that have competed and placed nationally and have gone on to compete at the collegiate level.
Parents interested in enrolling their children can call (619) 606-4572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Carmel Valley athletes among those competing for a national title at the U.S. Age Group Synchronized Swimming Championships
- Carmel Valley’s Torrey Pines Pop Warner cheer squad wins national championship
- Carmel Valley teacher earns eight medals at 2013 Marriott U.S. Masters Swimming Summer Nationals
- Del Mar Carmel Valley Sharks G16 Elite earn spot in US Youth Soccer National Championships
- Solana Beach resident Patricia Kimper earns USA Triathlon national title
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=68639