Del Mar Union School District begins search for new director of maintenance
By Karen Billing
Del Mar Union School District will begin the process of hiring a new director of maintenance and operations as Randy Wheaton is retiring at the end of May after 17- and-a-half years with the district.
As it looks to hire a replacement, the Del Mar school board approved a new title and changes to the job description for the position. The new position will be a director of maintenance, operations and facilities.
Jason Romero, assistant superintendent of human resources, said the new job description takes into consideration more of the facilities needs the district has, as well as Proposition 39, the clean energy jobs act that passed in November 2012, which provides money to schools for energy-efficient projects and job creation.
“There will be an extensive search,” Romero said, noting they hope to interview candidates in May and have a person in place by mid-June.
- Del Mar Union School District outreach group begins work on master plan
- Del Mar school district board pursues purchase of maintenance and operations facility building
- Del Mar Union School District begins process of developing a facilities master plan
- Construction to begin soon at new Del Mar Union School District offices
- School district begins search for a new home
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=68879