‘21st Century Learning Skills for a Path to Success’
The Sage Speaker Series — “21st Century Learning Skills for a Path to Success” — was held May 7 at Sage Canyon Elementary School.
A panel of educational experts discussed multiple perspectives of developing young students into the future leaders, innovators, and creators of tomorrow.
Moderated by Sage Canyon Principal Vivian Firestone, panelists included:
• Alison Fieberg, lead teacher, curriculum and instruction, Del Mar Union School District
• Melissa Griffen, math teacher, Carmel Valley Middle School
• Brian Shay, mathematics department chair and teacher, Canyon Crest Academy
• Guershon Harel, Ph.D., professor, Department of Mathematics, UC San Diego
• Gen-Sheng Feng, Ph.D., professor, Department of Pathology & Biology, UC San Diego
For photos online, visit www.delmartimes.net. Photos by Jon Clark
- ‘21st Century Learning’ at Del Mar Hills
- Del Mar Hills to hold tour for prospective kindergarten families at ‘21st Century Learning Night’
- Del Mar Hills Academy to hold ‘21st Century Learning Night and the Common Core’ March 26
- Carmel Valley student earns perfect score in USA Mathematical Olympiad
- Players show their skills at Adapted PE Basketball Tournament in Carmel Valley
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=69725