Authorities arrest 20 North County residents on drug and weapon charges in ‘Operation Poseidon’
Authorities arrested 20 North County residents on drug and weapon charges during a warrant sweep and search warrant service conducted on May 7 and 8.
Dubbed “Operation Poseidon,” approximately 50 deputies and federal agents from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Violent Trafficking Team conducted most of the arrests in the greater Encinitas and Del Mar areas of San Diego County.
During the operation, authorities seized nearly 16 pounds of methamphetamine, almost 7 pounds of heroin, more than 10 pounds of cocaine, 130 tablets of Xanax and 15 tabs of LSD were purchased and/or seized. While serving the arrest and search warrants, deputies and DEA agents seized additional narcotics and almost $40,000 in cash. — Submitted press release
- Report shows skyrocketing of meth seizures at border
- Nearly a ton of marijuana confiscated at Del Mar beach drug bust
- County suicide, prescription drug death rates up
- Arrest made in fatal hit and run of a cyclist
- Suspected drug traffickers caught after chase
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=70066