Torrey Pines High Golf Team sets single-day CIF team scoring record
The Torrey Pines High School Boys Golf Team recently set a single-day CIF team scoring record by shooting a 10-under par 350 at the Admiral Baker North Course. Its two-day score of 710 (10-under par) is also a CIF record. Torrey Pines trailed Rancho Bernardo by nine strokes after Day 1 of the championships. Its record Day 2 performance vaulted TP past RB to its fifth consecutive San Diego Section championship (a CIF record) and its 20th overall. No other San Diego high school has more than seven championships.
Torrey Pines had four golfers under par for the two-day championship, including Jamie Cheatham (-4), Otto Vanhatalo (-3), Kyo Azumada (-3) and Jonah Holty (-1).
TP advances to the Southern California Regional CIF Championships at Brookside Golf Club in Pasadena on June 2. State Championships are June 4 at San Gabriel Country Club in Pasadena.
- State champions: Torrey Pines High School girls’ golf team members leave lasting legacy
- Torrey Pines golf leads league
- Golf Classic to help Torrey Pines team
- Torrey Pines Rugby Club runs record 2-0 in Southern California High School League
- Torrey Pines Boys track team has record-setting weekend
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=71308