Solana Beach council approves changes to parking and more at Santa Fe Christian Schools
By Kristina Houck
Student drop-off and pick-up times should improve at Santa Fe Christian Schools, following the Solana Beach City Council’s approval of the school’s proposed changes to its circulation pattern.
Currently, students are picked up on the north-side curb on Academy Drive, between the two driveways that access the Upper School parking lot, and at the loading zone to the east. Vehicles reach the area by traveling north on Ida Avenue and west on Academy Drive. With a 5-0 vote from the council June 11, the north side of the parking lot will now be used as visitor parking from 2:25-3:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 1:15-2:15 p.m. on Fridays to allow the school to use those spaces as an on-site student pick-up zone.
In addition to the traffic changes, the council also approved a small expansion of the school’s gym and other Americans with Disabilities Act improvements.
To make it look similar to other buildings on the 15.6-acre campus, the front of the existing gym will receive a 178-square-foot addition. Other modifications will improve accessibility. These include the construction of an ADA-accessible ramp, as well as the relocation and reconfiguration of accessible parking.
Located at 838 Academy Drive in Solana Beach, Santa Fe Christian Schools provides private education for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Organized into a Lower School, Middle School and Upper School, the college preparatory school had 940 students this year.
- Santa Fe Christian students in Solana Beach ranked among top students worldwide in mathematics problem solving
- Santa Fe Christian Schools presents ‘The Nerd’
- Solana Beach City Council recognizes Santa Fe Christian football with formal proclamation
- Santa Fe Christian Schools in Solana Beach honors U.S. Armed Forces at Annual Veterans Day celebration event
- Solana Beach: Santa Fe Christian gets a boost in technology
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=71633