Just in Time for Foster Youth awarded $9,795 check by Del Mar – Solana Beach Rotary Club
Del Mar-Solana Beach Rotary presented Don Wells, Executive Director of Just in Time for Foster Youth, with a $9,795 check on May 30 for its programs in support of youth who have aged out of the county’s foster care system and are working earnestly to become independent, productive citizens.
When foster youths “age out” of the foster care system by law at age 18, most have no support system to help them get over the normal, but often difficult, humps of early adulthood. Without continuing family support, these young adults are at risk of becoming homeless, unemployed, and under-educated. Many go to prison.
This is where Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT) comes in to help. It mobilizes community resources to identify and fill gaps that prevent motivated youth from reaching self-sufficient adulthood and becoming role models for others. In addition to counseling and financial support where needed, JIT fills the most important gap of all, connections to adults who care about them and provide a lifelong support system for them. Del Mar-Solana Beach Rotary supports Just in Time with funding and hands-on assistance of care and support to the deserving youths in its various programs.
Del Mar-Solana Beach Rotary meets Friday mornings at the Morgan Run Resort clubhouse over breakfast for fellowship and to plan its service projects and hear from informative speakers. Anyone interested in the Club and its projects should call Richard Fogg (858-693-7556) or Diane Huckabee (619-818-0528) or visit www.DMSBRotary.com.
- Del Mar – Solana Beach Rotary selects beneficiaries for Turf Bocce Tournament
- Just in Time for Foster Youth to hold ‘Walk the Talk’ gala March 22
- Del Mar-Solana Beach Rotary Club supports ‘TEDx Youth San Diego Conference’ at Canyon Crest Academy
- Reality Changers awarded donation by Del Mar – Solana Beach Rotary
- Rotary Corner: Del Mar Solana Beach Sunrise Rotary Club sponsors Canyon Crest Academy Interact Club
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=71732