‘An Evening at the Alvarado House’
With a goal to bring Del Mar’s first house back home, the Del Mar Historical Society hosted a fundraiser June 16 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Built in 1885, the Alvarado House currently sits at the fairgrounds, where it’s been since 1989. With the master planning process for the development of Del Mar Shores Park underway, society members hope to relocate the historical house to the 5.3-acre site along Camino del Mar.
The event include food, drinks, a silent auction and entertainment by San Diego-based boogie-woogie pianist Sue Palmer. For more information about the Del Mar Historical Society or to donate to the Alvarado House relocation project, visit www.delmarhistoricalsociety.org.
Photos by McKenzie Images.
- Del Mar Historical Society to hold Alvarado House fundraiser
- Del Mar Historical Society, Del Mar Village Association agree to merge
- Notre Dame’s ‘Grand Evening’
- ‘Evening Extravaganza’ fundraiser to be held for Ocean Air School in Carmel Valley
- Enjoy an evening of fun and food at Del Mar Rotary Club’s annual Sunset Soiree
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=71890