Board does not support bike lane extension in Carmel Valley area
By Karen Billing
The Torrey Hills Community Planning Board opted not to support a proposal from the Torrey Hills Homeowners Association for a bike lane extension on West Ocean Air Drive from Via Mar De Delfinas to Via Congrejo. The stretch is the only two-block section of West Ocean Air without a bike lane and it is frequently used for overflow parking for the hotels and construction vehicles — about 35 residents signed a petition stating that the current situation is unsafe for pedestrians and cyclists. The HOA representatives were also asking for permit parking.
Board members said while they recognized that the street was narrow and curved, the cars are legally parked and they were unconvinced that the problem wouldn’t simply move to another neighborhood street once the bike lane was painted. Torrey Hills Planning Board Chair Kathryn Burton said they were also against permit parking as it would be unfair to the rest of the community.
- Carmel Valley Planning Board hears plans for El Camino Real and SR-56 bike path connector
- Homeowners Association members in Carmel Valley ask board for support regarding home daycares
- Torrey Hills planning board in Carmel Valley to hold elections
- Torrey Hills planning board pulls funding for Carmel Valley easement enhancement
- Torrey Hills planning board in Carmel Valley to take lead on greenbelt project from city
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=72427