Carmel Valley 5K and 10K to hit Gonzales Canyon trails in September
By Karen Billing
A new trail running race is coming to Carmel Valley this fall.
Jeff Stoner of Del Mar’s Seasick Marketing visited the Carmel Valley Community Planning Board to update the board on the plans for the Carmel Valley Trail 5K and 10K Run, set to take place on Sept. 20. A portion of race proceeds will go toward the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
The race will start and finish at Torrey Highlands Park behind Torrey Pines High School, taking racers on a single-track, loop course into Gonzales Canyon.
The race will begin at 8 a.m. and Stoner said they expect about 125 to 150 participants. Parking spaces will be made available for participants at Torrey Pines High School.
The planning board gave the race a thumbs-up, save for a warning about a lot of poison oak in the canyon. Stoner said he has been working with the rangers about the course and they have made him aware of the poisonous plants. The areas with poison oak will be clearly marked for runners.
- Halloween-themed 5K race in Carmel Valley approved
- Plan to build Gonzales Canyon connecting trail makes progress
- Planning board OKs 5K fundraiser in Carmel Valley
- Kaiser Permanente will again be title sponsor for Carmel Valley 5K
- Carmel Valley planners ask city for stop sign at Worsch and Del Mar Trails
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=73896