New member appointed to Del Mar Fairgrounds board
By Joe Tash
Kathlyn Mead, the newest member of the board of the 22nd District Agricultural Association, which runs the state-owned Del Mar Fairgrounds, attended her first board meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 12. Mead took her seat at the board table, and was welcomed by board president Fred Schenk and other members.
Mead, 55, a Democrat and resident of Escondido, was appointed to the fair board in June by Gov. Jerry Brown. In July, Mead was named president and chief executive officer of the San Diego Foundation.
Also in June, Brown announced the re-appointment of Schenk and 22nd DAA board member Lisa Barkett. Both were appointed to new four-year terms.
- Carmel Valley resident named new president of Del Mar Fairgrounds board
- Del Mar Fair board officers elected
- Del Mar Fairgrounds board member Adam Day appointed to California State University Board of Trustees
- Governor appoints new Del Mar Fairgrounds board members
- Del Mar Fairgrounds board postpones shared governance meeting
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=74988