Carmel Valley Boy Scouts climb Mount Whitney
Several boys from Boy Scout Troop 765 (Carmel Valley) made the climb to the tallest peak in the contiguous 48 states this summer. They spent the summer hiking the tallest peaks of Southern California, preparing for their hike of Mount Whitney. These peaks included Mount Baldy, Mount San Jacinto, and Mount San Gorgonio.
The boys made the 22-mile round-trip trek up Mount Whitney in a single day, starting before sunrise and returning at sunset. They climbed 6,100 feet to an elevation of 14,500 feet. (Above, l-r): Miguel Nepomuceno, Spencer Lee, Colin Loyd and Brandon Daly.
- Kilimanjaro expert talks about his experiences climbing the tallest mountain in Africa during Carmel Valley event
- Carmel Valley resident plans Mount Kilimanjaro hike to raise funds for Parkinson’s disease research
- Carmel Valley Cub Scouts top $11,000 in popcorn fundraiser
- Carmel Valley resident fueling Girl Scouts’ aviation career dreams
- Carmel Valley Girls Scouts honored
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=75814