Del Mar couple to present program about Bhutan at Solana Beach Library
Are you interested in traveling to Bhutan? Do you know where it’s located?
Join cultural anthropologist and photographer Roger Harmon and his wife, Nancy, at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9, in the Solana Beach Library for a free presentation of their travels and experiences to this fascinating country through slides and artifacts.
Nancy Harmon has taught English as a Second Language in several countries and on the Navajo reservation. She is developing curriculum under the umbrella of a nonprofit she and a friend started in New Mexico (http://www.global-awareness.org). She recently published a book titled “International Folktales for English Language Learners.”
The Harmons, who live in Del Mar, organize and lead small group trips to Asia and other places they know and love (www.worldviews2000.com).
The Friends Night Out Program is presented by the Solana Beach Library, 157 Stevens Ave.; call 858-755-1404. All ages are welcome. Refreshments will be available.
- Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out to present informational water event
- Solana Beach Library to host ‘Raptor Rap’ presentation
- Solana Beach Library’s ‘Friends Night Out’ program spotlights the wolf in legend and real life
- Solana Beach Library event to host local authors
- Discover endangered bonobos at the Solana Beach Library’s Friends Night Out with anthropologist Debbie Sandler
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=75821