Friday, Oct. 24
- Harvest Festival Original Art & Craft Show opens at the Del Mar Fairgrounds' O'Brian and Bing Crosby Halls and runs through Oct. 26. The show features handmade gifts, pottery, ceramics, jewelry and more. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $9 for adults, $7 for seniors and $4 for ages 13-17. Children under 12 are free. Go to
- Community Center Teen Club Haunted Hotel and Dinner
Teens in 6th, 7th and 8th grade will take a chartered bus to dinner and the Haunted Hotel in the Gaslamp District from 5 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $75. Drop off and pick up at the Rancho Santa Fe Community Center, 5970 La Sendita. To register, call (858) 756-2461 or go to
Saturday, Oct. 25
- Helen Woodward Animal Center's 18th Annual Spooktacular People Pet Walk takes place from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. More than 1,500 adults and children will bring their pets for a 1- to 2-mile walk to support the animal center. Halloween-themed festivities also include a pet costume contest, family-friendly fright zone, live entertainment and demonstrations.
Price for walkers: Children - $15, adults - $25. Location: 6461 El Apajo Road, Rancho Santa Fe.
For more information, call (858) 756-4117 or go to
Sunday, Oct. 26
- Bridal Bazaar opens at the Del Mar Fairgrounds' Exhibit hall. Features bridal fashions and fashion shows at 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10. Go to
Wednesday, Oct. 29
-Greater San Diego Hunter/Jumper Association finals at Del Mar Horsepark on the corner of El Camino Real and Via de la Valle. Show runs through Nov. 2. Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Admission is free.
- The Santa Fe Irrigation District will host a class on California-friendly landscaping from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Ranch Santa Fe Garden Club on Avenida de Acacias. The class will include tips about soils, watering and fertilizers. For reservations or questions, call Michael Banks at (858) 756-5672.
Want to add your event to the calendar? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.