The Carmel Valley Leader launched its new Web site on Thursday, Sept. 4.
The new site, which has a Web address of
, boasts video and photo galleries, fully searchable online classifieds, and lots of breaking news.
Carmel Valley Leader Publisher Phyllis Pfeiffer said her intention in creating the site is to have a news source that offers daily updates and plenty of interactive options for Carmel Valley.
"We are making this a usable and interactive site that Carmel Valley residents will find value in visiting. It will be a big plus for our readers. It will give us a dynamic venue to share news, photos and video with the community, and it will offer first-rate opportunities for our advertisers to reach an expanded market," said Pfeiffer.
Make it your destination for Carmel Valley events and community information, she added.
The site also features comments at the end of stories with "red phone" and "green phone" options that allow readers to blog to the editorial staff.
The red phone is for local news issues and the green phone is for local sports. These online "phone" options allow readers to have a chance to post comments online and get answers to what's on their minds.
Also, the Carmel Valley Leader is now using Legacy.com searchable obituaries, with an option to leave loved one's "guest book" entries.
The Carmel Valley Leader hired Amy Lynne Bowes to oversee the design in a newly created online content manager position.
"I'm excited to bring Carmel Valley residents a complete Web site with up-to-date daily news," Bowes said.
She added that the site includes "great ways" to submit news items and is "fully interactive."
- Classifieds : Fully searchable online classifieds using Kaango.com with the option to place your own classifieds online.
- Post your comments : Post comments about the stories online.
- Embedded video : Watch the latest happenings from around Carmel Valley and North County - whether it's news, special event or sports.
- Photo galleries : Options to view photos and purchase photos online using Pictopia.com. There is also an option to create photo gift items.
- Obituaries : Legacy.com provides local obituaries with a chance for readers to sign, "guest books" to honor loved ones. Also, the site provides a way to honor those military members who have fallen during the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts and an In Remembrance 9/11 site.
- Breaking news : Check the Web regularly for Carmel Valley breaking news. Check out the scrolling news feed.
- Submit news : Options to submit news, sports and business stories, with photos, to run in the paper and/or online.
- Blog : "Red phone" and "green phone" options that allow readers to blog to the editorial staff. The red phone is for local news issues and the green phone focuses on local sports. Unlike a typical phone, these online phone options allow readers to post comments online and get answers to what's on their minds.