- Torrey Pines extended its winning streak to eight games as the Falcons swept a three game Avocado League series from Mission Hills.
Joey DeNato pitched a two-hitter in the series opener on April 19 to lead the Falcons to 5-0 victory.
Shane Bingham and Morgan Oliver each homered in support of DeNato, who struck out five batters and allowed one walk.
DeNato hit his San Diego County leading eighth homer of the season to lead the Falcons to a 10-8 victory the next day.
Brian Thene led the Falcons with three hits.
Ryan Lischer homered and drove in four runs to power a 10-1 Torrey Pines victory in the April 23 series finale.
The Falcons improved to 6-0 in league and 16-6 overall for the season.
- Cathedral Catholic defeated Point Loma 12-2 in a Western League game on April 23.
Eric Sapp had three hits including a double and a triple and Casey Munoz homered and drove in four runs to lead the Dons.
The victory followed a two-game, league-opening series sweep of Madison.
Munoz had three hits including a double to lead the Dons to a 10-3 win in the April 19 series opener, and Daniel Camarena had three hits including a homer and drove in five runs in a 12-2 victory two days later.
The Dons improved to 3-0 in league and 11-6 overall for the season.
- Canyon Crest Academy is off to a strong start in Coastal League South play after opening with two victories.
Wyatt Thomas homered and Matt Malott and Chris Hynes each drove in two runs for the Ravens in a 9-2 victory over Horizon on April 20.
Thomas, Galen Morrison and Scott Horning each had two hits to lead the Ravens in a 5-2 victory over Francis Parker two days later.
Malott pitched a complete game for the win in the Parker game, striking out three batters and allowing seven hits and no walks.
The Ravens improved to 2-0 in league and 10-10 overall for the season.
- Torrey Pines pitching standout Rachel Nasland was dominant in her first two Avocado League starts, helping the Falcons make an early push for the league title.
Nasland struck out 13 batters and allowed one walk in a two-hit shutout to lead the Falcons to a 2-0 victory over Escondido on April 20.
She put up identical numbers (13 strikeouts, one walk, two hits) to lead the Falcons to a 2-0 victory over Mission Hills two days later.
Lauren Hynes, Mary Lee and Kristen Filicia each had two hits to lead the Falcons offensively in the Escondido game.
The Falcons improved to 2-0 in league and 16-4-2 overall for the season.
- Torrey Pines standout Axel Bouillin advanced to the semifinals of the CIF division of the April 20 to 25 110th Annual Ojai Valley Tennis Tournament.
The Ojai tourney is considered among the world's most prestigious prospect showcases, featuring all levels of amateurs and some budding professionals.
Bouillin won his first three matches on April 23 to advance to the semifinals the next day.