- Earlier this season, Torrey Pines had its six-game winning streak that started its season snapped by scrappy Maranatha Christian of San Diego at the nonleague Hosea Hall tournament.
The Falcons looked to exact a measure of revenge when the two teams met again for a nonleague game on Jan. 15, and they took full advantage, prevailing for a 57-53 victory.
The win avenged a 58-42 loss on Dec. 21 for what to date was the Falcons only loss of the season and extended their winning streak to seven games. Playing for the first time in more than two weeks, they improved their overall record for the season to 13-1.
Nick Kerr scored 19 points to lead the Falcons and Max Heller added 15 points. Matt Spelich contributed 11 points and five rebounds, and Ray Xu had five assists and six rebounds.
- Santa Fe Christian defeated Tri-City Christian of Vista 74-34 in a Coastal League North opener for both teams on Jan. 15, with Karl Holmlund scoring 16 points to lead the Eagles and Kyle Hubbard adding 13 points.
A day later the Eagles lost to Rancho Bernardo 51-42 in a nonleague Martin Luther King tournament game at Horizon High of San Diego. Cade Gotta scored 13 points to lead the Eagles and Holmlund added 12 points.
The Eagles overall record for the season fell to 12-5.
- Canyon Crest Academy upset La Jolla Country Day with a 46-36 win in a Coastal League South opener for both teams on Jan. 15. Mac Biblowitz scored 16 points to lead the Ravens and Max McCarthy and Cory Osetkowski added 11 and 10 points, respectively.
The Ravens improved their overall record for the season to 10-8.
- San Diego Jewish Academy opened Citrus West League play with a decisive 70-32 victory over Calvary Christian of Vista.
Jacob Katz scored a game-high 16 points and pulled down 12 rebounds to lead a balanced Lions offense. Stan Kaplun scored 13 points and had four assists and six steals, and Seth Cohen and Jordan Sharf each added 10 points. Cohen also contributed nine rebounds.
The Lions improved their overall record for the season to 5-4.
- Cathedral Catholic fell to 0-3 in Western League play after a 52-34 loss to La Jolla on Jan. 15.
Jack Enright scored nine points in defeat for the Dons and Corey Garcia added eight points. The loss dropped the defending San Diego Section Div. III finalist Dons' overall record for the season to 7-7.
- Canyon Crest Academy had a six-game winning streak snapped when the Ravens lost to La Jolla Country Day 64-20 in a Coastal League South opener for both teams on Jan. 15.
Tasha Quintana scored six points in defeat for the Ravens and Kathryn Brandos added five points.
The Ravens defeated San Dieguito Academy of Encinitas 53-31 in a nonleague game on Jan. 12 for their season-high sixth straight win when Quintana scored 15 points to lead her team and Nicole Leonard added 12 points.
The Ravens overall record for the season fell to 11-6.