- Torrey Pines defeated Bishop's 19-6 in the San Diego Section quarterfinals on May 22.
Anna Knowles led the Falcons with five goals and two assists. Katie Trees and Caroline Boucher each added four goals. Trees led the Falcons with three assists.
Falcons goalie Carrie Yang had seven saves.
The Falcons improved their overall record for the season to 17-3.
- Coronado defeated Santa Fe Christian 16-7 in a May 22 quarterfinal.
Amy Robertson, Megan Melbye, Nicole Wimsatt and Brooke Wimsatt each scored two goals in defeat for the Eagles.
Eagles goalie Jessica Nelson had nine saves.
- Two-time defending San Diego Section champion Cathedral Catholic is keeping its winning tradition going despite some heavy graduation losses.
The new-look Dons, who graduated nine seniors, won their last seven Western League games to clinch the title.
The Dons secured the title with a resounding 17-0 victory over St. Augustine on May 20.
They completed a two-game sweep of La Jolla earlier in the week, winning 9-7 on May 17 and 14-4 two days later.
The Dons improved to 10-2 in league and 19-9 overall for the season.
Daniel Camarena had three hits including a triple and three RBI, and Jeff Healey had three hits including a double and drove in two runs to lead the Dons in the St. Augustine game.
Stephen Haviar added two hits including a double and three RBI.
Camarena struck out seven batters and allowed three hits and no walks in five innings, combining with Danny Tyson on a five-hit shutout.
- Santa Fe Christian appears to be peaking at just the right time.
The Eagles extended their winning streak to 12 games as they closed out their unbeaten Coastal League North championship season with two decisive victories; 10-1 over Tri-City Christian on May 17, and 11-0 over Army-Navy the next day.
Eagles starter Bobby Zarubin pitched five innings, combining with Luc Dewulf and Josh Estill on a one-hitter in the Tri-City Christian game.
Estill was 1-for-3 with a double and three RBI, and Zarubin and Jake McKinney each had two hits to lead the Eagles offensively.
John Gamble, Graham Gomez and Dewulf combined on a two-hit shutout in the Army-Navy game.
Cade Gotta led the Eagles offensively, going 3-for-3 with three doubles and five RBI, and Nolan Gannon added a triple and drove in three runs.
The Eagles improved to 10-0 in league and 19-4-1 overall for the season.
- Canyon Crest Academy won its first title in school history in dramatic fashion, defeating Bishop's 4-3 in a regular season finale for both teams on May 18.
Ravens ace Matt Malott pitched a complete game, allowing three runs (all unearned) on six hits and three walks.
Chris Hynes led the Ravens offensively, going 3-for-3 with three RBI.
The Ravens improved to 5-3 in league and 13-13 overall for the season.
- Torrey Pines was knocked out of first place in the Avocado League, as the Falcons were swept by La Costa Canyon in a three-game series that closed out the regular season.