The Carmel Valley Community Planning Board is gearing up for its March 24, 2011 election. Eight seats are up for election on the board, which meets monthly to evaluate development plans and issues facing Carmel Valley and Pacific Highlands Ranch.
Seats up for election include:
• Neighborhood 1: Near Carmel Creek School, south of Del Mar Heights Road, northeast of Carmel Country Road and west of Carmel Canyon Road.
• Neighborhood 3: Near Solana Highlands School, west of El Camino Real and north of Del Mar Heights Road.
• Neighborhood 5: Near Carmel Del Mar School, north of SR-56, east of Carmel Creek Road and south of Carmel Country Road.
• Neighborhood 6: Near Piazza Carmel Shopping Center. East of El Camino Real, West of Carmel Creek Road, North of SR-56 and South of Carmel Valley Middle School.
• Neighborhood 10: Near Sage Canyon School, south of SR-56 beyond Del Mar Mesa, east of Carmel Mountain Road near the Torrey Hills Shopping Center, including some residences near Ocean Air School.
• PHR District 12: The southern part of PHR. Mostly south of Del Mar Heights Road and Carmel Valley Road.
• Investor Seat
• Business Seat
Candidates have to be at least 18 years old and attend two meetings prior to the March election. Remaining meetings are Jan. 27 and Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. in the Carmel Valley Library. Candidates should declare their intention to run at the meeting.