By Lauren Steussy , www.nbcsandiego.com
Three people suffered major burns after a decorative lamp fell on them at a Del Mar home the night of July 4, authorities said.|
The Rancho Santa Fe Fire Department was called to the residence near 24th St. at about 7:30 p.m., according the a department spokesperson.
Witnesses initially said there was an explosion near the house which caused the flames to reach several people nearby.
Fire authorities later determined a decorative sterno-style lamp dropped on the three people, apparently dousing them in gasoline and flames.
At least three people suffered second and third degree burns. The most critical patient was transported via helicopter to the UCSD medical center. The helicopter landed at the Winston School on 9th St. For the entire story, visit Three People Severely Burned by Sterno Lantern | NBC San Diego