Customers, employees evacuated from Del Mar Heights grocery store

By City News Service

Overheated electrical wires behind the produce section in a Del Mar Heights grocery store on Oct. 13 sent smoke billowing into the store, which prompted authorities to evacuate its shoppers and employees, fire officials said.

Smoke from the smoldering wires was reported at the Vons store at 2606 Del Mar Heights Road about 3:20 p.m., a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department dispatcher said.

The non-injury electrical fire caused about $1,000 to the property and another $2,000 in damage to its contents, the dispatcher said.

The dispatcher said fire crews cleared the area about 4:15 p.m.

   
-

Comments

Be relevant, respectful, honest, discreet and responsible. Commenting Rules