The Encinitas Historical Society is leading a free walking tour of Historic Encinitas on Saturday, Nov. 19 starting at 10 a.m. and leaving from the 1883 Schoolhouse, 390 F Street.
A volunteer docent will guide participants, who will find out about the history of how Encinitas came to be known as the “Flower Capital,” learn why early settlers came to town in the 1880s and hear the background about buildings that were built in the 1920s by Miles Kellogg, Encinitas’ “first recycler.”
The most photographed buildings in Encinitas are also a stop on the tour, which finishes around noon.
For more information about the walking tour, call Encinitas Historical Society President Carolyn Cope at 760-753-4834.
— Submitted press release