Del Mar Recycles drop-off set for Jan. 31
The city of Del Mar holds its 2015 Del Mar Recycles Drop Off from 9 a.m.-noon Jan. 31 at 1050 Camino Del Mar in the upper parking lot.
This event is open to city of Del Mar residents and businesses only. The collection of non-controlled medications and sharps are limited to residents only. Services offered and materials that can be recycled are:
• Document Shredding: Limited to 3 standard office storage boxes
• Compact Fluorescent Bulbs: Tubes or bulbs; limited to 12 bulbs or tubes
• Sharps: Syringes, lancets or needles; must be brought in a puncture-resistant sealed container
• Waste Management Customer Service: Call: 800-386-7783 Visit: https://northcounty.wm.com
• Used Batteries: AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, alkaline, rechargeable, Lithium and coin cells, and small button size
• Medications: Non-controlled medications only. No controlled medications, i.e., codeine, Vicodin, or other painkillers. For residents only. Businesses are excluded.
• Holiday Tree Collection: Holiday trees are collected curbside for the first two weeks after Christmas on your regular collection day. Trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half. Please remove all decoration including tinsel, lights, ornaments and tree stands. Place the tree at the curb. Flocked trees cannot be recycled, so they will be collected with your trash. A tree drop-off location will be provided at the city’s public works yard the first three weeks following the holiday.
Get the Del Mar Times in your inbox
Top stories from Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach every Friday for free.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Del Mar Times.