Girls World Expo coming Feb. 22 to San Marcos
Girls World Expo 2015 is a one-day, fun-filled event that combines education and participation to create futures for girls in San Diego. Girls World Expo is where girls 11-18 can dream about, imagine, believe in, and shape their futures.
This year’s free expo will be from noon-4 p.m. Feb. 22 at San Marcos High School, 1615 W. San Marcos Blvd. In workshops, seminars, demonstrations, and displays, girls will explore different college and career choices with the help of mentors and experts in those fields, learn how to create a healthy body image by uncovering the facts about food and nutrition, unlock the secrets to staying safe online and in life, and hear success stories from creative women leaders from all walks of life.
Girls World Expo is a safe and upbeat event where girls can interact and enjoy their shared interests. It includes:
• Seminars on today’s trending topics, such as body image, bullying, self-esteem and healthy relationships and self-defense.
• A marketplace with local vendors displaying clothing, jewelry, books, art and salon items.
• “Bright Ideas,” a science fair showcasing inventions from local middle school and high school girls.
• College and career sessions for teens and parents, featuring information on career paths, degree programs and internships.
• A runway fashion show featuring local girls.
• An art show, live music and dancers.
• Nonprofit and community service opportunities.
Girls must register at www.girlsworldexpo.com. For questions and information about the expo, e-mail email@example.com. For exhibitor and sponsorship details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Del Mar Times in your inbox
Top stories from Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach every Friday for free.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Del Mar Times.