Six area youths to compete for top soloist
Six musicians from the San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory’s intermediate ensembles will compete at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 4, for the prestigious Baker/Norquist award of Concerto Competition Soloist.
These young musicians, performing at the Mingei International Museum in Balboa Park, will tackle some of the most challenging concerto pieces ever composed with astonishing poise and skill. Each year, the winner is awarded the opportunity to take center stage as soloist at Jacobs Music Center’s Copley Symphony Hall.
The finalists are:
- Luke Kim, cello (Francis Parker Middle School)
- Susan Lee, violin (Ashley Falls Elementary School)
- Chae Yoon Baek, clarinet (Torrey Pines High School)
- Robin Kong, flute (Torrey Pines High School)
- Chloe Ko, violin (Canyon Crest Academy)
- Joo Seung Kim, clarinet (Carmel Valley Middle School)
Adult tickets are $10 at the door; students admitted free.
Tickets include entrance to the Mingei International Museum’s exhibits “Surf Craft” and “In the Realm of Nature.” Visit www.mingei.org.
Get the Del Mar Times in your inbox
Top stories from Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach every Friday for free.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Del Mar Times.