Create some fun: STEAM Maker festival coming Dec. 6 to fairgrounds
The annual San Diego STEAM Maker Festival (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) is part maker fair and maker movement, part local businesses and nonprofits on display. This year’s event will be from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
A maker fair gathers tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors, artists, students and commercial exhibitors. San Diego’s STEAM Maker festival combines a maker fair with STEAM education to create fun for kids and adults alike.
You’ll find people of all ages making things with 3D printers, crafting utensils out of driftwood, or building fun, useless machines. The festival is designed for all ages, and more than 40 schools are participating this year. Attractions at the festival include:
• An educational pavilion that will host a complete series of educational lectures
• 3Rs Robotics and Rokenbok Super Build Challenge
• Air rocket designing, building, and launching
• Nerdy Derby area to design, build, and race the perfect, ideal “dream car”
• An Air Cage to watch demonstrations of flying robotics
Food, drinks, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Tickets are $6 adults, $4 kids, and are available at https://www.steammaker.org/tickets.
Get the Del Mar Times in your inbox
Top stories from Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach every Friday for free.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Del Mar Times.