Del Mar school district kindergarten information meetings start March 15
The Del Mar Union School District has set its Kindergarten Information Meetings from March 16-20. Registration for the 2015-2016 school year starts Wednesday, April 1.
The first day of school begins at 8 a.m. Aug. 24.
Parents of incoming students are invited to visit schools during the week of March 15 before registration. School visitations allow for a time to ask questions and become familiar with school curriculum and procedures. Information meetings are for adults only.
Tours for parents of children who will be entering kindergarten are scheduled for these times:
• Ashley Falls School, 13030 Ashley Falls Drive, San Diego, 858-259-7812, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 17
• Carmel Del Mar School, 12345 Carmel Park Drive, San Diego, 858-481-6789, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 16
• Del Mar Heights School, 13555 Boquita Drive, Del Mar, 858-755-9367, 8:15 a.m. Thursday, March 19 and Friday, March 20
• Del Mar Hills Academy, 14085 Mango Drive, Del Mar, 858-755-9763, 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 16
• Ocean Air School, 11444 Canter Heights Drive, San Diego, 858-481-4040, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, March 18
• Sage Canyon School, 5290 Harvest Run Drive, San Diego, 858-481-7844, 8:30 and 10:15 a.m. Monday, March 16
• Sycamore Ridge School, 5333 Old Carmel Valley Road, San Diego, 858-755-1060, 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 17
• Torrey Hills School, 10830 Calle Mar de Mariposa, San Diego, 858-481-4266, 8:15 and 10 a.m. Friday, March 20
Registration information will be handed out at the meetings. Registration may be submitted at your school office any time on or after April 1.
Registration packets are the same for every school. Please take only one packet, even if you visit more than one site.
Your child must turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2015, to enroll in kindergarten. Students who do not meet the age requirement will not be eligible for early admission. Transitional kindergarten is not offered.
Parents must show proof of birth to verify age (birth certificate, passport, baptismal record), the child’s immunization record, and two (2) proofs of residency. Please note: To register on April 1, 2015, you must be a current resident of the Del Mar Union School District. If your residency is pending, you may register after you become a resident.
Questions on kindergarten or the registration forms will be answered at the meeting. Check the district website at www.dmusd.org for information regarding kindergarten registration. If you have questions, call Eve Vance at the district office at 858-523-6188.
Get the Del Mar Times in your inbox
Top stories from Carmel Valley, Del Mar and Solana Beach every Friday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Del Mar Times.