A variety of Easter activities to be held locally
Celebrate spring with local egg hunts and activities at the following events on Saturday, April 19:
• Torrey Hills Spring Egg Hunt at Torrey Hills Community Park, 4262 Calle Mejillones. In addition to the egg hunt, the event will feature games, music, jumpers and face painting for kids from 9 a.m. to noon. The hunt is divided by age groups: 0-2 year olds at 9:30 a.m.; 3-5 year olds at 9:40 a.m.; 6-8 year olds at 9:50 a.m.; and 9 and up at 10 a.m. A scavenger hunt for ages 10 and up will run from 9-11:30 a.m. Arrive on time and bring your own basket. For more information, call (858) 552-1687.
•Carmel Valley Recreation Center Spring Egg Hunt: 9 a.m.-noon, Ages: 0-9+ years, Spring Egg Hunt: Arts and crafts, inflatable jumper, photo with the rabbit, treats and prizes. Where: 3777 Townsgate Drive - San Diego, CA 92130; (858) 552-1616.
• Solana Beach Spring Egg Hunt and Children’s Festival at La Colonia Park at 10:30 a.m.
• Flower Hill Promenade’s Easter Egg Treasure Hunt. Families are invited to check in at Geppetto’s Toys to receive their treasure map, which gives hints to select Flower Hill shops where they can receive a stamp on their map and Easter treats. When finished, they can return their completed map to Geppetto’s for a special prize. The Easter Bunny will also be there to pose for photos from 12-2 p.m.
• The Barnes & Noble at the Del Mar Highlands Town Center, from 11 a.m. to noon will host a Peter Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt storytime.
• San Diego Botanic Garden’s Spring Party with Bunny brings all of the quintessential spring themes to one place for your children to interact with and enjoy. The event is scheduled for Saturday, April 19, with an early party from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and a late party 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Children ages 2 to 6 can visit the gentle big Bunny for photos and fun, make colorful spring crafts, pet real rabbits and chicks, and go on a parade through the garden, which will end with a “stuffed bunny hunt.”
Children will also create a variety of spring-themed crafts, including making their own bunny ears to wear at the party, along with their face being painted with a pink nose and whiskers to match. They will paint a ceramic
Space is limited to 50 children per party and preregistration is required. Pre-register your child online or in person at the garden’s office. Pre-registration by phone, e-mail or mail are not accepted. San Diego Botanic Garden is at 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas. Visit SDBGarden.org.