Carmel Valley Community Planning Board elections in March
An election for eight seats on the Carmel Valley Community Planning Board will be held March 28. Seats up for election include:
• Neighborhood 1, currently held by Rick Newman
• Neighborhood 3, currently held by Nancy Novak
• Neighborhood 5, currently held by Debbie Lokanc
• Neighborhood 6, currently held by Chris Moore
• Neighborhood 10, currently held by Laura Copic
• Business representative seat, currently held by Jill McCarty
• Investor representative seat, currently held by Rodney Hunt
• Developer representative, currently held by Allen Kashani
To see the map of the neighborhoods, visit cvsd.com/cv-neighborhood-map.
In order to be a candidate, an eligible member of the community must have attended two complete board meetings in the last 12 months before the election. The deadline for filing as a candidate is prior to the close of the February regular board meeting on Thursday, Feb. 28. The planning board meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Carmel Valley Library.
— Karen Billing