Kindergarten registration to open
The Del Mar Union School District recently announced dates for kindergarten registration.
All parents of incoming 2010-11 kindergartners who live within the district boundaries are invited to visit school sites on April 19 and 20, prior to registration. The visitations are intended for parents only and will take place at all eight schools in the district.
The schedule for April 19 and 20 is as follows:
- Ashley Falls School, 13030 Ashley Falls Drive, 8:30 a.m.
- Carmel Del Mar School, 12345 Carmel Park Drive, 8:30 a.m.
- Del Mar Heights School, 13555 Boquita Drive, 8:30 a.m. on April 19 and 10:30 a.m. on April 20
- Del Mar Hills School, 14085 Mango Drive, 8:30 a.m. on April 19 and 10:30 a.m. on April 20
- Ocean Air School, 11444 Canter Heights Drive, 8:15 and 9:30 a.m. on April 19 and 8:15 a.m. on April 20
- Sage Canyon School, 5290 Harvest Run Drive, 8:15 and 10:15 a.m. both days
- Sycamore Ridge School, 5333 Old Carmel Valley Road, 10:30 a.m. April 19 and 8:15 a.m. April 20
- Torrey Hills School, 10830 Calle Mar de Mariposa Drive, 10:30 a.m. on April 19 and 8:15 a.m. on April 20
Registration for incoming kindergarten students will begin at the eight school sites listed above on April 21 from 1 to 5 p.m. Registration papers may be submitted any time on or after April 21.
In order to be eligible for 2010-2011 kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 2, 2010. Parents must show proof of birth to verify age (birth certificate, passport, baptismal record), the child’s up-to-date immunization record, and two proofs of residency: current utility bills, property tax statement or lease.
Students must be current residents of the Del Mar Union School District. If residency is pending, register after becoming a resident.
For information, visit
or call Eve Vance at (858) 523-6188.