Mondays in the park with organ music
The Spreckels Organ Society presents its 2010 Summer International Organ Festival featuring celebrated organists from around the world playing Monday evenings through Aug. 30 at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park.
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and are free. Many concertgoers enjoy picnics in Balboa Park before the concerts. Light snacks, beverages and gifts are available at the pavilion grounds with proceeds benefiting the not-for-profit Spreckels Organ Society.
For more information, visit
or call (619) 702-8138.
- July 5: Award-winning American theater organist Walt Strony
- July 12: David Sanger from England
- July 19: San Diego native and Juilliard graduate Chelsea Chen
- July 26: Kalevi Kiviniemi from Finland
- Aug. 2: 2001 Theatre Organist of the Year R. Jelani Eddington
- Aug. 9: James David Christie, organist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Aug. 16: Rising Stars Night with Keenan Boswell and Nicole Cochran
- Aug. 23: Silent Movie Night with Dennis James
- Aug. 30: Jazz Night with San Diego civic organist Carol Williams, trombonist Dave Scott and other great San Diego jazz musicians