Rain expected Thursday

Rain was expected to hit San Diego County beginning Thursday, with a slight chance of showers lingering through the weekend, forecasters said.

According to the National Weather Service, there’s a 40 percent chance of showers during the day Thursday, followed by a 60 percent chance of showers Thursday night.

Showers are likely to continue Friday, with a slight chance of thunderstorms around most of the county Friday and Saturday, according to the agency.

The Weather Service also forecast a chance of showers around most of the county through Sunday.

The wet weather will be accompanied by cooler temperatures overnight in the valleys and mountains, with lows in the low 60s in the valleys and mid-30s in the mountains in the forecast for Thursday night.

Wind gusts up to 45 miles per hour were also in the forecast for the mountains and deserts Thursday, according to the Weather Service.