Rotary celebrates year of service
Lloyd Flanders, outgoing president of the Del Mar-Solana Beach Sunrise Rotary Club, presided over a review of the projects and activities this club of 41 active members initiated or participated in this past fiscal year at a “Celebration of Service” on June 26.
Some of the events included:
- Sponsoring 22 foster kids at a YMCA summer camp.
- Helping with Stand Down San Diego in support of our veterans.
- Adopt a Plot at the Torrey Pines Reserve to restore native habitat.
- Supply dictionaries to 400 fourth-graders in 12 San Diego schools.
- Helping the North County Community Resource Center with its Holiday Basket program to fill the needs of more than 1,200 families during the holidays.
- Provide 10 computer monitors in support of Vision of Children for the visually impaired.
- Set up playground equipment for Social Advocates for Youth.
- Sponsor and support the third annual Adaptive Sports Foundation West Coast regional finals basketball tournament where players compete from wheelchairs.
For more information about the Del Mar-Solana Beach Sunrise Rotary Club, contact Jan Parsons at 523-2474 or visit