Santa Fe Christian grads make decisions


Approximately 94 percent of graduating seniors leaving Santa Fe Christian School were accepted to four-year schools. The other 6 percent will attend community colleges, a news release from the school stated.

The graduating class consists of 86 students. These students will graduate at the top of their class.

Valedictorian Lauren Wong was accepted to USC’s pre-pharmacy program, Pitzer, UC Berkeley and UCLA. Wong decided on UCLA, where she hopes to pursue a degree in neuroscience.

Salutatorian Taylor Wurdeman chose Pepperdine over Occidental, Tulane, UC Davis, UC Irvine and UCLA. Wurdeman plans on pursuing a career in medicine.

Devin King, a National Merit Commended Scholar, had her choice of schools, including Dartmouth, Duke, Georgetown, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and UCSD. Sheß chose to accept Stanford’s offer.

Tommy Changaris, also a National Merit Commended Scholar, had his pick of Cornell, Notre Dame and UCLA. He chose UCLA where he will study aerospace engineering.

David Siciliano, who has been a part of the San Diego performing arts scene since he was a young boy, has always dreamed of studying theater. When he received his acceptance to New York University, he was thrilled, but when he was also accepted to Syracuse, he had to make one of the toughest choices of his life. After doing some research, he decided Syracuse was the better choice.

Peter Dougherty was accepted to Azusa Pacific University, Biola, Point Loma Nazarene University and Westmont College. He decided on Azusa Pacific.